Dutchess County Adolescent Program
41 Page Park Drive
942 Route 376
Wappingers Falls, NY
7 Dover Village Plaza Ste #2
Dover Plains, NY 12522
The Adolescent Program at Lexington Center for Recovery takes a holistic approach to treatment, wrapping individualized services around each adolescent and his or her family. We use an evidenced-based program called the Seven Challenges, which designed for adolescent substance abusing or substance dependent individuals to motivate a decision and commitment to change. It helps young people look at themselves, understand what it takes to give up a drug abusing lifestyle – and prepare for and attain success when they commit to making changes.
Individual Therapy, Group Therapy, Family Sessions, Parent Support, Substance Abuse Education, Seven Challenges Journaling, Psychiatric Services, Relapse Prevention, Life Skills Training, Community Activities, Home/Community Visits, Coordination of Care with other providers such as school, court, probation and mental health.
The Seven Challenges
1. We decided to open up and talk honestly about ourselves and about alcohol and other drugs.
2. We looked at what we liked about alcohol and other drugs, and why we were using them.
3. We looked at our use of alcohol or other drugs to see if it has caused harm or could cause harm.
4. We looked at our responsibility and the responsibility of others for our problems.
5. We thought about where we seemed to be headed, where we wanted to go, and what we wanted to accomplish.
6. We made thoughtful decisions about our lives and about our use of alcohol and other drugs.
7. We followed through on our decisions about our lives and drug use. If we saw problems, we went back to earlier challenges and mastered them.