New & Noteworthy
Mt. Kisco Clinic is now providing Suboxone Therapy for opioid dependence.
- Suboxone is a medication-assisted therapy which helps a person detoxify from opioid use and reduces the cravings and withdrawal symptoms associated with that process.
- Suboxone is administered as a thin film which quickly dissolves when placed under the tongue. It includes two different medications: Buprenorphine which is the primary ingredient which reduces craving, and Naloxone which is added to prevent abuse and brings on withdrawal in people who abuse buprenorphine by injecting it.
- Suboxone therapy is provided in conjunction with a counseling program to ensure its effectiveness. Clients who are admitted to this program must also participate in a counseling program at the Clinic.
- Suboxone is administered by a physician at the Clinic. Once the dosage is stabilized, the medication can be taken at home.
- Suboxone therapy can continue as long as necessary to prevent relapse. The medication can be discontinued if the client’s recovery becomes stable. Discontinuation or tapering must be done slowly, over time, with the assistance of treatment
Press Releases: (Click to Download PDF)
March 8, 2017 – Gambling Disorders Training: 2 CASAC Hours Available
Friday, November 4 – 2nd Annual Provider-Brunch-flyer
October 6, 2016 – Free Narcan-training
November 3, 2008 – Tips for Staying Sober During the Holidays
August 27, 2008 – Recovery Month Aims to Educate Public about Substance Abuse
May 29, 2008 – Lexington Center for Recovery’s Family Program
May 19, 2008 – Helping Teens Stay Safe During Prom and Graduation Season
May 6, 2008 – Lexington Center for Recovery Celebrates Grand Opening
April 21, 2009 – Lexington Center for Recovery Establishes Adolescent Program
March 31, 2008 – Lexington Center for Recovery Recognizes Alcohol Awareness Month
February 11, 2008 – Lexington Center for Recovery Names Rockland County Program Director
January 28, 2008 – Council on Accreditation Reaccredits Lexington Center for Recovery
December 14, 2007 – Lexington Center for Recovery Expands
November 26, 2007 – Lexington Center for Recovery to Expand to Rockland County
October 5, 2007 – Lexington Center for Recovery Celebrates Recovery Month with Improvisational Theatre
September 11, 2007 – September is Recovery Month
July 2, 2007 – Lexington Center for Recovery Receives Grant for Adolescent Pilot Program
May 10, 2007 – Executive Director Adrienne Marcus Honored by National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence/Westchester
May 1, 2007 – Lexington Center for Recovery Names Director of Quality Assurance
April 17, 2007 – Executive Director Adrienne Marcus to be Honored by National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence/Westchester
February 12, 2007 – Lexington Center for Recovery Welcomes Board Members